Thursday, February 17, 2011

Snowman Stitchery

At the end of the day when I'm too tired to keep working or cleaning but not tired enough to go to bed, I've been doing a fair amount of hand stitching. 

I'm not sure when I'll get around to finishing it (edging it) so thought I'd just show it now. I think I want to back it with fabric & make it into an "ornament" to hang on an artificial tree we've put in the dining room. I thought it'd be cute to sew and/or stitch up little, seasonal ornaments that I could switch out.

Dang, I've been doing a lot of "thinking" by the words of that last paragraph! Now if I could only translate that into more productivity!! I can't help that I don't seem to have very many productive hours lately!! At least I don't think I can. I don't seem to be much of an early bird OR a night owl. Oh I'm up till midnight or later, however, as I've alluded to earlier, I'm mostly incoherent after I'd say about 10pm. I'm awake but my brain starts shutting down & the politeness in me starts to sleep as well ;-)  After 11pm I like to be deeply immersed in a good book while snuggled under my electric blanket.  But I digress...


I have a thing for snowmen...


-a close up.

Hmm... seems a silly day to share a snowman when it's so springlike outside! Ah well, we still have all of March to go through, so I think the snowmen can hang around a while longer.

I have another little snowman stitchery started, but since I'm either a very slow stitcher or just mostly incoherent by the time I'm stitching, perhaps I should start on the spring/summer set now??

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awfully cute. I think you should start the spring set. I was carrying my winter purse tonight and it is 70 out and I kept thinking... I guess I better make my spring purse now! I wish! I bet your snowman will be fine soon.

    ReplyDelete