Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where does the time go?? Geesh!

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I've posted last! I've got to get better about this!! My biggest hurdle is getting my pictures from the camera onto the computer to use for posts, because for me, pictures are just fun.

One of the latest quilts done for the shop Stitch and Craft

I enjoyed trying out a new pattern~ really it was two I've used before & just combined them.

Remember, I don't piece them~ I quilt them!


 The first week of January had me undecorating... if you look closely, you'll notice one of the kittens "supervising".


After everything was packed away for next year, I lugged over 10 Rubbermaid bins & the Christmas tree box up to the 3rd floor. It wasn't fun, but I figured it counted for exercise!

I've worked on & had success with getting Dino the Whippet & the kittens acclimated to one another. Daisy loves Dino, swirls around him, tries to nuzzle him & is seen here snuggling. Maisy still skirts around him fast & low to the ground & has NEVER approached Dino. 


Another recent quilt. It turned out nice, but quilting grid-work is a tad boring.


This weekend: 
Woke up to new snowfall Saturday morning. It was just enough to look pretty & not be too big a pain.

Worked on...

... and finished an easy puzzle.

Loaded the next client quilt.

Dino stayed parked on this chair nearest the fire while I ran hither & yon, working in Adult ADD fashion whilst doing a little of this & a little of that.

I actually LAID ON THE COUCH for over an hour reading!!! I never do that!! And I think I should do that more often, because I love to read but usually wait until right before bed to "allow" myself that sit-down time. 


And can you see the title of the top magazine? "Stitchery"... I picked up one of these magazines a couple years ago, then couldn't remember where I'd gotten it & have been on the search ever since. EURKEA!! I found it at Barnes & Nobles this past week!!! I let out a muffled shriek when I spied it on their shelves & when Maegan saw what I was so giddy about she said, "Mom, you're such a dork." lol I know it...

Stitchery is my newest passion. It's like drawing with DMC floss or thread in an outline kind of way. There's no counting like cross-stitch & it's not as involved as embroidery, so for me it's that much more relaxing.

Here's a couple examples:
(This one may have an undertone of blue showing through the stitched areas because it's a pre-stamped pattern that has to be washed out once completed.)





Tangent over...
Sorted the errant sock bin. I don't usually let it get this out of control, but well, this flood from back in September has thrown a lot of crimps in my "usual".  

Now I readily admit it's been some months since I've sorted through the socks to match up those that went into the bin at different times & to weed out/throw away those that have no matches anymore. However, there's no nice & neat explanation for WHY one of Montie's socks was in the midst? 

I washed all his clothes that were in his hamper or dirty after he passed away, and they're not being used obviously. There's no reason I would've left this one white sock of his in this bin, just knowing how it would upset me to keep coming across it??

I've had a lot of reminders lately. Not that I need to be reminded to think of Montie, obviously. He's always in my mind & never far from the current train of thought. 


My big baby, Smokey, kept me company at times too...


Yesterday was a wonderful mix of productive & resting... 8 loads of laundry done, dishes, potato soup from scratch for dinner, dusted/vacuumed the upstairs, scooped cat poop, sorted the socks and cracked the whip on the 15 year old's chores; plus I had time on the couch reading as well as doing that puzzle! WOOHOO I love days that come together like that :)

Today, Sunday, I mostly relaxed. Got up kinda early but then took my time getting in the shower. In mid afternoon I headed to a neighbor's house with a good friend to a Pampered Chef party! I haven't been to a home party in YEARS!

See ya later Cyber Land!! ... back to watching football & stitching, while simultaneously trying desperately to STAY WARM. This old house  -that still has no insulation under the floorboards acting as a barrier again the cold emanating up from the dirt basement- is quite cold in the wintertime!


1 comment:

  1. WOW are you talented. My quilt-loving mom would LOVE to hang out with you (sadly, I do not share the same patience required for that kind of work). The kittens in the tree are precious, and your home looks BEAUTIFUL.. those three staircase landings are WONDERFUL.

    Can't say I miss the PA snow, though ;-). Here's to a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete