Friday, March 25, 2011

Just the latest...

Thought I'd pop in & say hello! Has everyone got the TGIF feeling??

Me too! I got all my grading caught up, which means I can work on the report card Monday (imagine evil music & tittering in the background here.) 

And other than looking forward to having lunch with my BFF tomorrow, there's nothing on my calendar. I'm hoping this means I'll have some serious sewing time, but time will tell.

How often as Moms do we set out with one plan in mind, only to have our kids stomp them into the ground?? I really don't mean that to sound harsh. After all, I love it when my kids & their friends hang out here.

BUT they can shake things up a bit :) 
(Just this past week, in fact, we've unexpectedly made red velvet cupcakes, played 500 Rummy, watched Sixteen Candles, and taught a teen how to cross stitch-- How cool is that?!?!?!?)

Anyway, this is a client quilt I finished up & delivered this week. It's a memory quilt (for a daughter whose Dad passed away) made of t-shirt blocks & denim sashing.


I thought it turned out well. The client picked out this meandering heart pattern. My only trouble was some smooshing going on with the shirt fabric here & there. I had to pick a couple areas to avoid wrinkles in the quilting. Not sure why because they had interfacing? It's the first one I've quilted... I wonder if this is typical?


And I always like to show the backs. Sometimes it's easier to see the actual quilting this way.

Sew my agenda for the next couple days is: 

write
sew
work on a client table runner (which is code for SEW)
have lunch with BFF
and enjoy a slow Sunday with my peeps (my Day of Rest) eh hem.... MORE SEWING

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the quilt and I do think t-shirt fabric even with interfacing tends to bubble and pucker because it is such strange fabric. It looks absolutely fabulous! Remember my last t-shirt quilt where I spent all that time struggling to do the spiral on the t-shirts and I meandered on the inner borders and all they went on about was the cool meandering? Awesome move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. We have NOTHING scheduled for this weekend and I'm thrilled. We love our weekends - reading, cooking, sleeping, eating, family time. What more could you want?

    ReplyDelete