Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hazy, Hot & Humid

I think I had to have sweated off something like 10lbs this morning walking Smokey the spastic lab in this heat. If only I could lose fat & excess body weight so easily... having it just ooze out my pores along with some sweat??? That's what I like to imagine anyway.

As usual this week has been full of doggie antics. I heard some weird rustling noises coming from the family room whilst I was happily working away in the sewing room... then I heard a lot of body slamming on our old floors which causes the house to reverberate in places. And so I thought I'd better go investigate....

Found Smokey whipping back & forth my daughter's feather pillow. The one I'd just recently COVERED WITH THAT NEW SHAM with flying geese!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess he was having quite the fun with it. Feathers were flying hither &  yon, but I only saw red at first when I thought he'd ripped open the newly made sham... the one that sat on my to-do pile for 3 years & finally got attention & had been finished & washed & looked gorgeous!! 

I calmed down upon investigation when I realized he hadn't in fact ruined the sham -just ripped open the pillow near a seam & so the feathers escaped. WHEW!!

And then I thought to grab my camera :) He does look a little sorry, doesn't he?

He REALLY looks sorry in this one! lol I just can't stay mad at him for long. He's really just a big, hairy baby.

Other news... I finished this 7" felted wool Snowman Candle Mat. I've added it to my etsy shop, but if it doesn't sell, IT'S MINE!! Though as much as I enjoyed stitching it up, I really could just make another, eh?

This is the first time I've worked with felted wool & I really liked it! I love that the hand-stitching gets "sucked into" the felt in such a way that not only hides the stitching for the most part but also adds texture. 

I do believe I'll be on the prowl for felted wool at the Hershey Quilt Show later this month! Along with thread for the longarm, novelty fabrics & an applique project to teach this fall. My list of things to look for at this show is growing exponentially!! 

And last, I thought I'd share what's been on the machine this week:

I'll show an "after" picture once the quilt has been delivered back to the shop. 


Sure hope you're all finding fun ways to beat this heat!!

Take care :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! Love the doggy antics. Aren't pets fun? :)

    ReplyDelete