Wednesday, December 07, 2011

New Additions to our Menagerie

On the left is Daisy & on the right is Maisy. 


Eventually I'll get them different colored collars, but for now we check out the gray markings on their heads to identify who's who.

They're identical except for the gray markings on the tops of their heads. Daisy's markings are lighter, and Maisy's are darker.

As you can see, they're adorable. And we're fortunate that so far they seem as sweetly tempered as they look!

They're sisters we adopted from the Humane League of Lancaster, PA.

And like any typical sisters, they like a good spar...


 ... and then stop for a photographic opportunity!








We are quite enjoying getting to know these two. I can't imagine ever adopting one cat at a time again. It's just way too much fun to watch them running & playing together. 

So far the Christmas trees are surviving. The smaller one is faring well even though they've been crawling into the lower branches.



We purposely used unbreakable balls on the big tree, and you'll notice there are no lights or balls on the bottom foot of it! lol

 They were both in the bottom branches & I see they've knocked 3 or 4 of them off (we switched to artificial several years ago.)

I should have a couple quilting finishes ready at the end of the week to show, so come back soon!



5 comments:

  1. OMG so cute! We adopted two cats last year. And although I never thought of myself as a cat person, I love having cats! But I must say, my favorite photo is the little trouble cat in the Christmas tree. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new kittens are really cute. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person. Are these staying indoors only?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those kitties!!! And love your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kittens are only about 3 months old, so yes, they're definitely staying inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kittens! Haven't had a cat for past 8 years after having lost the last of three who'd owned us for 20 years. Cats in the Christmas trees brought happy memories and a smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete