Saturday, November 05, 2011

Blogging Blahs

Have y'all gone through the blogging blahs yet? 

I seem to have hit a bump in my blogging road since the flood of Hurricane Lee struck. 

I'm sure it's a mixture of part exhaustion, part depression, and part forgetting what I did that might've been interesting, and that probably circles back to the part exhaustion. 

My body is tired of 12-15hour cleaning days spent lugging boxes, scrubbing surfaces, weeding through random crap that was thrown quickly into packing boxes in trying to save said crap from the flood, all the while also dealing with my beloved kitty, Stanley dying, my Grandma passing away, and Montie's gravestone being delivered. 

No, I haven't been to see it yet. Don't ask me why, cause I'm not sure. I care too much about it, I care too little about it ~ both statements would be accurate depending on which day. 

But I've set a date for myself on Monday to go visit it bright & early & to take pictures. 


Of course this doesn't exclude other mentally exciting events such as my daughter being attacked by her ex & he subsequently going to jail (court date in Dec. of which to look forward!), my hub's truck dying, my daughter calling from a cornfield  which she'd landed within when she hit black ice, a vacuum dying, a broken carpet cleaner, hormonally charged fights between my two teenage girls (the last of which resulted in stuffing/filling being stuck to my family room ceiling ~and yes, it's still there), etc... 

In the meantime, I've actually quilted a LOT of quilts that haven't been shown. During flood time, the shop I quilt for called to say a woman had 11 quilt **11 QUILTS** she needed quilted by the following week. Wouldn't you know this was while my large quilting machine was torn down & residing on my eldest daughter's bed (in protection from first floor flooding.) 

Whatever, that's Murphy's Law, eh?

BUT I got 'em done! 

But I digress, now I'm off on a tangent. And that's my brain & my life these last few months. Haphazard & scattered (more than is even usual for me!) 

So to wrap up my blah blog, some eye candy...

T-shirt top quilted with "flames"


This one had very fluffy batting!

A garden top quilted with "fishes"


 A Christmas top quilted with ____ -ugh, I can't remember & I'm just way too lazy at this moment to drag myself two rooms away to look (I'll probably be annoyed w/myself over this tomorrow, but oh well....)


A warm, sunny day for Dino to enjoy a small green spot in the backyard

And a few days later we had a snowstorm!! 

~I hope you're all enjoying this autumn ~ 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Denise....I thought I had a lot going on! Thanks for sharing...it puts things in perspective for me. I wish I lived closer, I would love to give you a hand....I can't imagine the mess the flood left.
    The quilts are amazing! I may be calling on you to do a t-shirt quilt for my girls! Are they expensive?
    Hang in there and I hope everything works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Denise. I'm so sorry to hear about all that. Especially your daughter! That's awful. Your quilts are beautiful though. And I love the outdoor contrast photos. Just hang in there. We'll be here when you get your groove back (or even if you don't)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your encouragement ~ the days ARE getting easier slowly but surely.

    Denise~ Pricing is dependent on style & size. If you're ever interested, I'd love to do these for you! I haven't done something like this in a bit, so I'll have to do a little investigation before I can give you a round-about idea of pricing. But I'll touch base about it soon.

    ReplyDelete