Sunday, November 07, 2010

This is what I've been up to....













My oldest daughter & I are getting ready to participate in our first craft show. I with a variety of stitched items, such as aprons, purses, grocery sacks, and quilted wall-hangings & blankets, and she with her beautifully cross-stitched, framed pieces.


Truth be told, we're a little nervous about this venture & hope we're not wasting our time. Part of me thinks I'll hate people pawing through our things "judging" them, and part of me thinks hanging out together & chatting with the people coming through will be fun. Time will tell, and then I'll tell you!

These purses are what I've worked on this week... the Autumn purse below is mine & filled with all my junk, thus the shape of the bag is a little bulgy-looking. The Poinsettia purses are to sell. There are two different sizes & two different trims on the pockets. They're so cute. If there's one that doesn't sell, guess who's keeping it??


Yesterday was a soccer & sewing kinda day. Today I'm taking a Slow Sunday. I started my day with a brisk doggie walk by the river, did my devotions & talked with God, then made a yummy potato/egg glop for brunch for the girls, the hubby, and me, cleaned it all up, and now I'm gearing up to work on some small pillows. They're to be sold too. I'll post pics once they're done.

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!
Denise

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the purses in person -- or is the craft show before the sewing day next weekend? I'm all messed up right now. Hope everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purses a well made and very pretty! Perfect for the holidays! Where did you go to a craft show? I hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! We have our first craft show this coming Saturday, Nov. 13th, at Winterstown United Methodist Church. We're skipping the bigger shows this year to get a taste of it & see if it's something we're interested in pursuing on a bigger scale next year.

    The folks we know in the shows already say the market hasn't been moving much but that there are lots of "lookers", so we'll see....

    ReplyDelete